Happy Cuatro de Mayo, everyone! We’re gearing up for Margarita Madness tonight and an official Cinco de Mayo party tomorrow, so I thought I’d share some of my favorite Cinco de Mayo-appropriate recipes with you today.
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Cupcakes: These were a huge hit at my Cinco de Mayo-themed birthday party a couple of years back, and I’m making a batch to bring to tonight’s party.
- Margarita Cupcakes: A creamy, citrusy winner. This recipe is a little more complicated than the Mexican Hot Chocolate Cupcakes, but the end result is delicious!
- Green Chile Stew: This is a recent favorite, and the recipe is easily multiplied for groups. My friend’s parents have made cauldron-sized batches of green chile and pork for parties back in Las Cruces.
- Watermelon-Mango Salsa: Looking to go beyond the classic pico de gallo? This salsa is sweet and savory perfection.
- Coconut Key Lime Pie: I know key lime pie is hardly traditional Mexican cuisine, but the lime flavor pairs so beautifully with margaritas. It’s okay to color outside the lines, right?
- Fat Tire Pulled Pork Tacos: Need to feed a crowd? This is another great way to do it. Taco bars are always fun for parties. Try the recipe with Pacifico, Dos Equis, or another Mexican beer for the holiday.
- Creamy Chipotle Shrimp Tostadas: Three years later, and I’m still making this one. (We served it at a dinner party two weekends ago!) This dip is smoky, creamy, and just plain fantastic. Instead of serving it on chips, though, I now serve it in a bowl, sprinkled with queso fresco, with chips on the side.
- Sparkling Limeade: This is a perfect margarita alternative for children or nondrinkers (although it also can be converted into margaritas – how convenient!).